Welcome Laura - Personalised Care Implementation Manager
What do we mean by personalised care?
‘Personalised care presents a new relationship between people, professionals and the health and social care system’
Personalisation is rooted in the belief that people want a life not a service. It is about focusing on what matters to people & involving people as equal partners in their own care and support.
Our approach to personalised care is built around the person and our local communities – it allows people to have choice and control over the way their care is planned and delivered, based on what matters to them and their individual strengths, needs and preferences.
These principles, co-produced by Think local, Act Personal (TLAP) portray what we mean by personalised care:
- People are citizens first and foremost
- A sense of belonging, positive relationships and contributing to community life are important
- Conversations with people based on what matters most to them
- Support is built up around people’s strengths as well as their own networks of support
- People are at the centre
- Support is available to enable people to have as much choice and control over their care as they wish
- People are involved as equal partners in designing their own care and support
- People are treated equally and fairly
- Feedback from people on their experience is sought and used
What are our aims?
Personalised care is not a new service. It represents a shift in the way health and care services are delivered, with the ability to reduce avoidable health inequalities and improve the health and well-being of our local communities.
The City and Hackney Personalised Care Programme aims to bring together the people delivering Personalised Care to our residents, including primary and secondary care, local authorities and the voluntary sector.
Our aim going forward is to design a unique and sustainable framework fit for services together with our City and Hackney residents. The framework will use the national model for personalised care alongside evidence-base however most importantly it will reflect our local populations voice, strengths and needs.
Our mission is to:
Take collective action to ensure that residents in City and Hackney are supported to look after their health and well-being in a way that works for them.
Develop and implement a local personalised care strategy that builds on existing successes and good practice and is informed by what matters to city and hackney residents.
We would love to hear from you! If you have any questions about the programme, or you would like to get in touch with us for consultation, or you have ideas about personalised care in City and Hackney, email me on email@example.com