Neighbourhood Staff Meetings
Bi-annual lunchtime hybrid networking opportunities in each of our 8 Neighbourhoods.
As part of our work to create the support infrastructure needed for cross-organisational working, where information about the roles of different organisations can be shared, and relationships between different services can be built, Neighbourhood Staff Meetings are launching from March 2023.
- Build local relationships and a sense of staff identity with their Neighbourhood. Break down siloed working by increasing relationships across organisations and encouraging integrated working.
- Give staff a chance to share their work and leanings from Neighbourhoods (place based, preventative work to address health inequalities) and share support they might need from local partners to progress their work
Who can I expect to see there?
Anyone working within the Neighbourhood or supporting Neighbourhood teams is welcome, so you can expect to see staff from:
- Adult Social Care
- Children’s Services (Childrens centres, family support practitioners)
- Primary Care (GPs)
- Community Navigators (Social Prescribers, Health & Wellbeing Coaches)
- Mental Health workers
- Healthcare workers (community nurses, pharmacists)
- Care coordinators
- Neighbourhood Forum Facilitators
- Voluntary Sector Reps
What this might look like on the day at the meeting?
Each meeting would be hosted in a community venue with an open plan table and chair space, conducive to networking. Lunch will be provided for all attendees (vegetarian & vegan catered for).
We would kick off introducing the different services present and have a feature presentation from local leaders on whats been happening in the Neighbourhood.
We would also spend some time in smaller groups for a brief workshop activity designed to support relationship building across organisations and support people in the room to understand what each other do in the Neighbourhood.
The remaining time would be spent informally networking over lunch. Based on initial feedback we will try to maximise time for this informal networking!
Moving forward the content of these staff network meetings should be co-designed by the attendees to make the meetings sustainable through interesting and relevant agendas. The aspiration is for these meetings to be well attended and meaningful opportunities to network over lunch.
Forward Plan for dates
- Well Street Common – Thursday 9th March – Frampton Park Baptist Church Main Hall – 1-2:30pm –Sign Up Here
- Shoreditch Park & City – TBC –Sign up for Updates Here
- London Fields – TBC –Sign up for Updates Here
- Hackney Marshes – TBC –Sign up for Updates Here
- Hackney Downs – TBC –Sign up for Updates Here
- Clissold Park – TBC –Sign up for Updates Here
- Woodberry Wetlands – TBC –Sign up for Updates Here
- Springfield Park – TBC –Sign up for Updates Here
Sign up to attend here:hyperlink
Forward Plan Ideas for future agendas
- Fuller Report: what are the neighbourhoods, where has the agenda come from?
- How to work together better; sharing with each other how we wish to be communicated with, types of meetings that work, how we can best keep up with what each other is doing? Challenges so far?
- Evidence for Neighbourhoods working, how we can evaluate our Neighbourhoods working (sharing learning from the evaluator of the Neighbourhoods Programme)
- Health Inequalities, population health management approach, data, projects, best practice, overlapping strategies etc.
- Information about the local neighbourhood (local activities, organisations, vol sec orgs, in future could have an open practitioner directory (need to be clear that people know this isn’t a referral method but an opportunity to join up work, think of how we work better together)